Construction and Care
Our wood furniture is built using domestic hardwoods and European beech, premium hardware, and finished with biocide and preservative free oil/wax.
Because of the inherent nature of solid wood, the color will change with time and the material will expand and contract depending on humidity and temperature fluctuation. The expansion and contraction may result in some warping of the wood. Avoiding or reducing extremes in humidity and temperature fluctuation will minimize the effects. Many examples of centuries old solid wood furniture are still in use and have had varying degrees of care.
We believe with a few simple precautions, our pieces will be around for generations.
- Clean using a damp soft cloth turning it frequently and rinsing if there is a large build up of particles.
- A mild soap can be used to remove tough grime.
- Avoid furniture polish, harsh cleaners, and abrasives.
- Avoid window cleaners.
- Avoid placing furniture near a heat source like a radiator, heat vent, or fireplace and keep out of areas of prolonged direct sunlight.
- Use a coaster to avoid rings from glasses and keep solvent based materials like nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol, and perfume from coming in contact with the finish.
Our wall mounted furniture was designed and tested to withstand everyday use while exercising some degree of care. Although it's difficult to determine a precise weight limit because of variables including, but not limited to, type of wall surface, stud mounting locations, type of fastener, and location of the weight concentration (distance from the wall), we've compiled a list of acceptable applications for each piece.
If you feel your usage falls outside the parameters listed below, please contact us and we'll discuss details or modifications that will suit your needs.
- The Ledge
- Full size computer monitor and keyboard, laptop, bookshelf stereo system, books and magazines, office supplies, stereo, cable box, monitor, etc.
- The Edge, Dash, and Dash Thinline:
- Bookshelf stereo, books and magazines, etc.
We warranty our furniture and products to be free from defects in workmanship under normal household use and service for a period of up to 3 years following the date of purchase. We will repair or replace the object in the event of verifiable workmanship defects.
This warranty will not apply to damages arising from neglect, accidental or intentional damage, institutional or commercial use, damage to hardware or exposure to extremes in temperature or humidity.
Our products are shipped using either a common carrier or freight forwarding service. White glove delivery is available upon request for an additional fee.